Our Teaching Blog!
wagoll oF tHE wEEK!
Of course WAGOLLs don't just have to come from the teacher! By exposing the children to a variety of WAGOLL sources children will be inspired to write because they see that everybody is capable of achieving. There fore by integrating the children's writing into the WAGOLL category you will show that they too can create WAGOLLs.
A fantastic and rewarding way of doing this, is by introducing a WAGOLL of the Week, where a child's writing is chosen to be rewarded. How this is done can be up to you. Here is a few ideas to get you started!
1) Blow the WAGOLL up on the copier and display it in a prominent place in school for everybody to read!
2) Copy it onto the back of your weekly newsletter so all parents get to read it!
3) Read an extract from the WAGOLL out loud in a school assembly for everyone to hear
4) The author gets some form of special status for the week -e.g. a writing wizard hat!
5) Post a weekly WAGOLL blog so their writing is live on the internet!
6) Record them reading the WAGOLL and post it as a video on youtube for people to comment on (providing permission is given).
7) Let children leave post-it notes next to the WAGOLL with positive praise for the author.
8) Create a WAGOLL book to place in the office entrance at school. Place the WAGOLL of the week in the book for visitors to read when waiting. Over the year, the book will be filled with amazing writing! A great and positive start for Ofsted visitors too!
9) Why not take an image of the WAGOLL and send it to us and we will post it on twitter for everybody to see! We may even create a special page broadcasting the WAGOLL of the week!
Obviously, I am sure you can be even more creative and have other fantastic ideas. If you do something super with your children's writing then please share it with us by commenting below. We will share your ideas with other teachers and spread the news! Alternatively, tweet us pictures and ideas via our twitter page which can be access on our share page.
Keep WAGOLL - ing on!